Monday, August 18, 2008

There's no need to be a wallflower any longer!



Let's face it, dancing is intimidating for many people. Does this internal dialogue sound familiar?

It seems like everyone knows what they're doing except for me. Look at them; they're having so much fun. I feel like I have no rhythm. I wouldn't even know what to do if I did get on the floor. It's so much easier being a wallflower even though I'm not having any fun. I wish I could just get out there and dance.

The next time you start this mind bending chatter, think about the following. Studies have proved that the eye naturally tends to seek out aesthetically pleasing colors and shapes. Therefore, when you think everyone is a great dancer except for you, it's because your eyes are naturally finding the ones who truly are. And yet, if you take a moment to really look around the room, usually there are only a couple of highly trained dancers and everyone else is just having fun shaking what they're mama gave them. ;)

So get off that wall and dance, shake, groove, tap, whatever it takes to enjoy yourself. It's the most fun to dance with someone having fun.

No comments:

Allyson Lockhart